Friday, 1 February 2013

HP Deskjet 3050 - Unable to connect to WPA secured

My first post here so please excuse any faux pas on my part.  I bought this HP Deskjet 3050 a week ago and have been waging war with it ever since.  I'd be really grateful if someone could possibly advise on how I can resolve this.


I am unable to connect the printer to my secured wireless network, even though other computers, cell phones, etc. are connected without issue.  I have tried WPA, WPA2 and WPA2-Mixed security modes with the same failure. Specifically, the connection wizard reaches 66% and then displays the error that the wizard is unable to find network/printer.  If I disable the security, the printer connects fine.


I'm using a Linksys WRVS4400N router with firewall and associated firewall settings disabled.  The router is broadcasting on 802.11G/N mixed mode.


I'm installing the software supplied on the setup CD on a Windows XP SP3 system.  I have confirmed that the network the PC and printer are connected to are the same.


A question as well, if I may:  I haven't tried these drivers yet but I see there are updated drivers for the printer dated 14/12/2010.  The release notes indicate improved networking, but don't elaborate beyond this.  Does anyone know if there was a known problem with connecting to secured networks that has now been fixed?


Finally, just a note that I'm partially sighted and am using a screen reader on all systems.  I'll try my best to be as helpful as I can but please do excuse me if I occasionally can't find settings, etc. on screen and need a bit more detailed help.


Call Us +!-855-517-2433 (Toll Free)

No comments:

Post a Comment